How to Whiten Teeth At Home : Dealing with Post-Bleaching Tooth Sensitivity


Hi! This is Dr. Alida Smisek on behalf of
expertvillage.com. I’m here to talk to you about teeth whitening tips and techniques.
In this clip, we’re going to talk about how to deal with post bleaching sensitivity. Unfortunately,
one of the most common sequela to bleaching your teeth is sensitivity. If you have sensitivity
before bleaching this is something you should discuss with a dental professional. There
may be reasons why you have that sensitivity. That should be taken care of before you bleach.
After you have done your bleaching, any sensitivity that you may experience as a result of the
bleaching procedure should go away over time. It should be transient; however, it can be
nagging. You want to avoid really cold and hot drinks for a period of time. If the sensitivity
is really nagging, you can see your dentist to have a desensitizing agent applied to the
teeth. Some dentist may recommend if you’re using take home bleaching trays such as this
is, that you would use something with a desensitizing toothpaste in the tray after each application
of the bleach. Also, if your sensitivity prior to bleaching is a problem, some dentist may
recommend that you use the bleaching products for a shorter period of time than normally
recommended just to help avoid problems down the road. Just to keep in mind this is definitely
a normal sequela to the bleaching procedure and it often is transient and will go away
with time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *